Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcoming the new "baby"

Two blogs in one day! I guess it's justified since there is so much going on around our house right now! Today, we welcomed a new addition to our family and I just have to share! If you know me, you know I love cats and what's scarier is that Rodney loves them more!! We have three adorable babies named Tiger, Monster and Fuzzy. Well last week, a co-worker asked if I'd like another cat, a Russian grey they call Pistol. At first Rodney said no, but then he folded. So this morning, I met Pam at a gas station in Marshall to pick him up. BOY was I surprised at what a BIG cat he is! I had brought a regular-sized cat carrier that we use for the other three....uh, it was much too small! And Pam's carrier was too large to fit in my car! So Pistol got to ride home (30 minutes) loose in the car! Thank heavens he settled down in the back floorboard for almost the entire trip.


Here's Fuzzy sneaking a peak at "the new guy"

Once we got home, he wanted to investigate his new home. This freedom was short-lived as soon as Fuzzy spotted "the new guy". There was lots of hissing and groaning and Pistol confined himself to under our bed for several hours. The other two cats were also curious so poor Pistol, even though larger than all of them in size, had to have felt out numbered. When Devin came home from work, Pistol warmed up to him and they laid on Devin's bed and watched television for quite awhile. He's also warming up to Rodney and me and has already given us all "sugar", which I take as a good sign. Pistol is beautiful, smart and loving...and did I mention BIG!! Please wish us the best as we try to blend all of these sweet (and mischievous!) personalities into one big happy family!!


I wish you could tell just how big this cat is!

Here he is getting scratched

And here he's giving sugar!

1 comment:

HolleSE said...

Love the Baby. I have a cat too....we call her "Spawn of Satan". BTW, the laptop skin came from skinit.com.