Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Adventure

Friday morning we headed out for Fredericksburg, Texas. Upon arriving, we headed to Friedhelm's Bavarian Restaurant for some authentic German cuisine. It was there that I had my first zwindel schnitzel! Rodney opted for the shrimp, which although not German, still looked very good!

On Saturday, after stopping at Texas Jacks, a western clothing and weapons store, we then headed to the Fredericksburg Trade Days, some what of a miniature Canton. We didn't mind the smaller size as it made it easier to see most everything in a one day time frame.

I thought this was an interesting display at one of the vendors booths.


My birthday geode necklace from Rodney that he bought at Fredericksburg Trade Days. Yes, it's shaped like a "D"!

Fredericksburg also has MANY shops along both sides of Main Street. Although Rodney couldn't hang with me the whole time because of his back, he never complained. He sat on several park benches along the way. Here he is using a pole for support while I shopped. Funny thing is, I shopped for hours and only bought one thing...a new Rosie the Riveter poster for my office!


After we recovered from the afternoon on Main Street, we made a road trip to Buda, Texas to visit Cabela's. What a full and adventuresome day! The only way to top Saturday was to get up this morning, travel to Dripping Springs, and visit my childhood best friend, Hildi.

Here we are catching up on oooolllld time! Gosh, that was fun!

Hildi and her boys, Darin & Colin

This has definitely been a fun trip so far and as I sit in our hotel and prepare for bed, I can't wait to find out what adventures await us tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

HOw fun! I hope to one day visit Fredricksburg (Not sure I spelled that right!) Sounds wonderful! Have a safe trip.