Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Watch Out For My Friend!

About two weeks ago, I was watching t.v. and during a commercial, I thought to myself, "that actress looks like Kirstin's sister...but surely it's not." Kirstin was my first college roommate when I attended Kilgore in '88. She and her husband Dario are currently living in India with their two beautiful daughters, Bella and Natalia. Her sister Quenby has always been an actress but I never kept up with her career...

Well, I contacted Quenby and indeed it was her! What a thrill it is to see someone you know on television! The commercial is for InCharge, a debt solutions company, and Quenby's character is talking on the phone to a creditor about how In Charge can help her with her debt problem.

When I contacted her, I learned that she is living in Austin and has many acting projects on her resume. Recently she's done a Time Warner infomercial, a Dallas Morning News commercial, and a Rockford Healthcare Commercial that runs in Chicago! Most excitingly, she was just in the season finale of Friday Night Lights (playing Lyla's boyfriend's mom, Mrs. Kennedy) and is hoping to become a return character next season! She says Friday Night Lights is changing networks so I'm going to search for them this fall and start watching. See picture below of her with her "husband", "mother-in-law' and children" on Friday Night Lights.

On the set of Friday Night Lights

Here are her FNL daughters with Kyle Chandler
(ok, now I want to be an actress)

Resume Shot

Head Shot
So pretty!

Quenby has always been beautiful and I'm not at all surprised to see all the big name jobs on her resume. She's also done some print work for Mary Kay so if you've seen her face in any Mary Kay print ads, please let me know! I'd love to see them. The great thing about her is she's so incredibly down to earth. I'm so proud of her! If you happen to see the commercials I've mentioned, just think, "Hey! That's who Debra was talking about!" And if you're in need of some debt relief, you can even jot down their number! LOL!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so neat that you know her and recognized her. I'll be looking for her!
cp

Mrs. H said...

How fun it that!