Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vintage - Not Just For Decorations Any More

I had THE best experience today! Well, not the best, but..
Alyssa and Taylor went to an estate sale this morning and bought some funky (vintage) stuff. She brought it to show me and a couple of us from work jumped in the car and ran over there...lots of good buys on antiques, etc. Well, as I'm walking out the door of the house, I ask the man at the cash register his name and when he told me, I said, "Oh, I graduated with your son!" He said, "He's here. He's standing right out there." I said "NOOO WAAYYY!"

I walked outside and just said, "Oh my God!" When Greg realized who I was, we shared the biggest hug! It's been probably 18+ years since I've seen him. We first became friends in junior high, stayed close in high school and even at Kilgore College. As is typical, we drifted apart when he moved to bigger cities and I stayed in little old Marshall.

I pointed Alyssa out and told him she's my daughter and he replied, "Oh she was here shopping earlier. She's got really good taste!" He offered to take her to all his favorite vintage shops in the city. Gosh, she would be on cloud 9! I can see the attraction she has for vintage items because I kinda like vintage myself. Especially in friends.


(As a side note, one of the paintings Alyssa bought at the sale for $8.00 is shown on eBay for $300; one for $100! Guess she does have good taste! Gets it from her mother, of course!)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Cool!

Mrs. H said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yes, vintage friends are the best!
Sounds like Alyssa found some good buys, had fun, and found your vintage friend!