Sunday, July 27, 2008

Apartments & Parties

Friday, we got to visit Rodney's daughter Kayti in her first apartment. She and her friend Jenna are sharing an apartment in Longview and they have it fixed up so cute. It brought back memories of moving into my first dorm 20 years ago. Kayti is working two jobs and is registered to start school at Kilgore in the fall to eventually study Dental Hygiene. She definitely has her Daddy's work ethic and we're proud of her.

Kayti at her new apartment

Tomorrow is Victoria's 16th birthday! It is hard to believe how fast these kids are growing up. Alyssa turned 18 in February, Kayti will be 18 in August and Devin will be 13 in September. Everybody's having milestone birthdays this year!

Today, Victoria's Dad and Step-Mom gave her a party at their house for their family (and the boyfriends of course). They invited me to take part and there was great food and fun. I reminded everyone that of all 3 of my children, she had been the fussiest baby...little did we know we were getting only a glimpse of the future!


She KNEW I was trying to catch her with cake in her mouth!

Taylor & Alyssa watch the ritualistic gift-opening

Here's Beth, Janna & Nancy

The required goofy photo

Lots of good looks in this picture!

See this adorable little dog? When my ex-husband and his wife first got her, their little boy asked Alyssa, "What's your mom's name?" Alyssa answered, "Debra McIntosh" to which Jaden innocently replied, "Well that's her name then. We're naming this dog Debra McGlackintosh".

I thought that was the cutest story ever. I can imagine the conversations he had with his parents afterwards trying to convince them to name the dog after me! And as honored as I was by his proclamation, I was also not offended to learn that the dog's name became Molly James.

Children are so sweet and innocent and it's a shame they grow up to be adults. The world would be a better place if we all opened our minds and hearts as they do, waking up each day with no grudges, assumptions or judgments against others.

Well my vacation comes to a close tonight and I return to work tomorrow. I didn't do everything I planned to do, but then again, that would have been impossible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can now make comments!
Thanks for changing the way to comment. This has been a big year for your family.......important birthdays, graduations, apartments, college, new cat, jobs, etc.....
the list goes on! Enjoy all these exciting times!
cp