Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas - TSTC Style

Today was our TSTC Holiday luncheon and Cathy and I were responsible for it. Cathy truly did the bulk of the work and it turned out great! Last year, we had a gift exchange and I read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with a left-right game built in. This year, due to the economy, we didn't exchange gifts but brought food for the dorm pantry instead. So I had to come up with a new activity. I ended up writing my own version of the The Twelve Days of Christmas and "led the congregation" in singing it today. The really cool part was - everybody sang! It was really full and loud and people were laughing and having a great time! Mission accomplished! Here are my lyrics. (Oh, and the tamale line is an inside joke. We have a student who comes by every Wednesday and sells packages of six homemade tamales!!)

On the first day of Christmas my student gave to me – a parking sticker that I could see
On the second day of Christmas my student gave to me – 2 hovering parents
On the third day of Christmas my student gave to me – 3 drop forms
On the fourth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 4 used books
On the fifth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 5 housing fees
On the sixth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 6 tamales
On the seventh day of Christmas my student gave to me – 7 missing pool cues
On the eighth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 8 lame excuses
On the ninth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 9 attempts to re-test
On the tenth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 10 late assignments
On the eleventh day of Christmas my student gave to me – 11 bounced back e-mails
On the twelfth day of Christmas my student gave to me – 12 more transcripts

No comments: