Sunday, December 21, 2008

Great Weekend!

This weekend the kids went to their dad's house so things were a bit calmer around here. Rodney and I had some time to ourselves and he ended up being off work today! Yippee!

Yesterday while Rodney worked, I met Shinobu and Cathy at Magic Closet. This is an old tradition of ours but since Shinobu moved to Abilene, we don't get to do it very often any more. If you're unfamiliar with Magic Closet, it is THE best consignment shop I've ever been to. Not only do they carry nice clothes, they also periodically have a "stuff-a-bag" sale which means certain clothes are on sale for $10 a bag, as much as you can stuff! The next big sale will be January 3rd and they open at 10:30 a.m. but I'd get there early just in case the doors open.

Shinobu and Cathy's husbands also joined us and very patiently waited while we shopped. From Magic Closet we made our way around the very busy Longview Loop and ate at Red Lobster. It was so nice to talk and laugh and catch up with Shinobu and Shawn. I miss them so much.

Today, Rodney and I braved the Longview Loop once again and met his daughter Kayti and her boyfriend Justin at Texas Roadhouse. We had a great lunch together too.

I also got some cute pictures of Fuzzy this weekend. Ah, the life of a cat! :)

No comments: