Monday, September 29, 2008

A Touch of Class

Last weekend was my 20 year class reunion. This event brought out a wide range of emotions in me. I went back and forth from dreading it, to looking forward to it, to dreading it and then looking forward to it.

The fun started on Friday night with a downtown wine tasting event with live music. I ran into lots of old friends - Shawn Phillips, Kathy Thompson, Jon Hesser, Toyia Fonville, Angie VanDyke, Shana Woods, Lisa Harber..just to name a few. My husband was with me and was tired so we didn't stay long.

Saturday, we had a family picnic at the City Park with barbque and the fixin's. The only family member I had available was Victoria so I drug her along. Everyone oo'd and ah'd over how beautiful she is. The next event was at the Michelson-Reeves art museum where we had wine and cheese. I got to catch up with some really dear friends like Claire Spangler, Jane Ellen Sanders, Amy Key...and the list goes on. It was so surreal looking into the faces of people that I started kindergarten with and hadn't seen in 20 years. Now we're having a glass of wine together and looking very grown up.

For the big finale, we met at the Visual Arts Center for dinner, dancing and prizes. Let me tell you, this was a BLAST! Del Fugler, a friend from choir, flew in from Florida. We laughed about the theme being A Touch of Class (same as our prom) and yet we were eating off of styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery. I saw so many friends there's no way to list them all. I finally remembered to bring a camera to the last event so here are the pictures I got:

Del Fugler (in black) & his partner, Christopher
Tessa Lefler & Shana Woods
Chad Simms, David Harber & Wife
Michelle Shankle, Carin McCrary and Bonnie Havron, who decided to wear prom attire
Susan Stokes & Marni Williams
Heidy McWhorter & Joseph Whelan
Christi Page (former Ms. Louisiana) & Husband
Thanavat Bhucharoen & Girlfriend
The Trinity Bunch
Jane Ellen Sanders, Jamie Bates (don't think she went to Trinity though), Me, Susan Stokes, Thanavat Bhucharoen, Amy Key, Scott Yappen, Claire Spangler, Shannon Sharpe...Denver Langley & Stephen Duck were at the reunion too
Straight goofin'

Seeing the Trinity people was extra special because I went Kindergarten-Sixth Grade with this small group of about 14 friends. We laughed this weekend about how traumatic it was for us to transfer to Marshall Junior High where there were hundreds of kids. But it looks like we've survived and came out pretty good! Jane Ellen & Amy live in Boerne, Than is in San Francisco, Scott is in New Jersey, Susan & Claire are near Dallas and Shannon in Longview. I missed Hildi, Kelly, Shawn, Carol, all my girlies!

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

How fun! You looked great!