Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Humor in the Midst of Sadness

The old saying, "laughter is the best medicine" really does have truth in it. Here are a couple of funny quotes from my dear cousins:

Cousin Sondra on teaching herself to play the piano:

"I don't really know what sharps and flats do but I know I don't want any in my music."

"My favorite part about playing the piano is being able to open my piano stool and put my music inside. I feel like a real piano player when I open my stool and go, 'Hmmm, what shall I practice?'"
(FYI - her repertoire includes Silent Night and Jingle Bells)

Cousin Krystal offering to find someone to help Mother out of the car at the funeral home:

Cousin Krystal: "Debra, how many men does Aunt Mamie Dell need?"
Cousin Will: "Oh well that's a loaded question! Don't ask Aunt Mamie Dell that!"

And the last quote isn't funny but Camelia shared this with me yesterday and it's so sweet. Our elderly cousin Christine Todd Moore from Louisiana came to Aunt Frances' house yesterday after the funeral service to visit with family. She pulled Camelia aside and said, "I just have to tell you that I've been sitting over there on the couch watching all you cousins talk and laugh and it touches me to see the love between you all. It is very evident. Are ya'll always like this?" Camelia said, "Yes we are."

We are blessed to have such a wonderful family!

No comments: