Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Have A Confession

Yes, right here on the world-wide-web I'm going to make a major confession. I, being of sound mind and body, am totally and hopelessly in love with a vampire. Ok, that's it, I've said it.

Well, love may not be exactly what it is BUT I am totally engrossed in the Stephanie Meyer's book series, "Twilight". I love to read but in the past few years, I've only had time for a book here and there, mostly dealing with management practices, self-improvement, etc. But a few weeks ago, I was on Facebook looking at Flair and noticed tons of buttons that said things like, "Edward's my boyfriend" and "Team Jacob", etc. After doing some Googling (shouldn't that be a word by now?), I found out that the Flair was referring to the book "Twilight". I thought that would settle my curiousity but when we visited Kayti's apartment, I noticed three books on her shelf..."Twilight", "New Moon" and "Eclipse". I said, "Are those the books that everyone has been talking about?" Her eyes lit up and she said, "YES! Edward is my boyfriend! Book 4 comes out in a couple weeks and I've pre-purchased it!"

Ok, now my curiousity was insatiable. I bought "Twilight" thinking that if I didn't like the first one, I wouldn't have wasted much money. Not like the book? How WRONG could I have been! I flew through it in 2 days, rushed back for the sequel and flew through it in 2 days as well. I bought the third book Sunday but unfortunately, I bought the Spanish version....and I no habla Espanol! I am hanging in suspense waiting to find out what is going on with the main characters (one of whom is a vampire, by the way)! I have GOT to get that book exchanged today!

I say all of that to say this: If you like fiction, or even if you don't, I recommend Twilight. Check it out from the local library if you don't want to spend the money but I truly think you'll become as hooked as I am. As an FYI, the Twilight movie is coming out in December but don't wait for it. I'm sure as in most cases, you'll be glad you read the book before seeing the movie. I should go to the store now...I need my Edward fix!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hmmm, I am curious I will see if I can get it at the library.